Gembridge® facilitates discovery and trading of coloured gemstones for a verified community of buyers, sellers and consignees.
Until now, our industry has only traded with partners we trust; small groups who share our values and passions. We know we’ll get paid – and get exactly what we pay for. Imagine trading with that same trust, with people all over the world.
Welcome to Gembridge®, the online B2B marketplace dedicated to trading certified coloured gemstones amongst a verified community of buyers, sellers and consignees.
Every Gembridge® listing captures a gemstone’s true nature, enabling remote buyers and consignees to make more informed decisions.
Find out how it works here – LINK
TRADE WITH TRUST™
Gembridge® matches buyers, sellers and consignees who have submitted to a verification process, enabling them to transact via a door-to-door service that is secure, independently certified and insured.
Gembridge® is a B2B platform that manages counterparty risks and delivers up to 70% reduction in transaction costs. We are compliant with regulations of NGOs and laws of Enforcement Agencies.
Gembridge® believes in responsible supply chain management and sustainable business practices. Gembridge is a commercial member of CIBJO – The World Jewellery Confederation, and is a member of the International Colored Gemstone Association (ICA) and the Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC). Gembridge believes in responsible supply chain management and sustainable business practices.
WE ARE REGULATED
Gembridge® is regulated by Singapore’s Ministry of Law for purposes of anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism, in cooperation with the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), which is leading regulatory reforms across 200 countries.
Our global ambassador network includes many of the world’s most respected gemstone dealers, aims to establish Gembridge as the preferred marketplace for coloured gemstones worldwide.
Update: Gembridge appoints China ambassador for coloured gemstone trading – LINK (20 Apr 21)
Gembridge – A Global Team
Gembridge is an online global marketplace that enables a community of verified buyers, sellers and consignees to trade certified coloured gemstones with trust. We connect our members through a secure, insured, door-to-door service. With Gembridge managing counterparty risks, members can trust every stage of each transaction. Members can list precious stones and jewellery on Gembridge® from anywhere in the world, benefitting from transaction cost reductions of up to 70%.
Gembridge, which includes many of the world’s most respected gemstone dealers, is establishing itself as the preferred marketplace for coloured gemstones worldwide. Members are in 38 countries: USA, Canada, UK, France, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Austria, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Russia, Poland, Greece, Israel, UAE, Kuwait, Beirut, Lebanon, Kenya, Zambia, South Africa, Liberia, Alergia, Madagascar, India, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Colombia and Peru.
Tony Brooke - Chairman
FOUNDER – Anthony Brooke, with 37 years of experience in the gem industry, has a wide knowledge and understanding of the industry with extensive contacts worldwide that encompass sourcing, processing, manufacturing and marketing. Tony is a former CEO of Richland Resources which was the largest sapphire mining company in Australia, Vice President of the Thai Gem and Jewelry Traders Association, Thailand representative for coloured stones for CIBJO the world jewelry confederation, a vendor of choice to the Piaget brand, and was also a sightholder with Gemfields, the world’s largest ruby mining company.
Nick Marrett - Chief Executive Officer
FOUNDER – Nick is a creative entrepreneur who loves original thinking and the things you can build with it. He’s been fortunate to lead some of the world’s best talent – strategists, creative directors, technologists, fellow collaborators and clients. Nick started in advertising at one of the world’s top creative agencies where he became a global marketer. He then opened his own company to pursue a series of ambitious digital opportunities with an eclectic mix of partners including Apple, Citibank, CNN, Google, Natural History Museum (London), Space Adventures, Mercedes-Benz and Unilever. His company developed into a multinational with offices across Asia and a growing list of partners who wanted help in digitally transforming their businesses. He sold his company in 2018 to a worldwide group. Today Nick is a Founder and the CEO of Gembridge. Anyone who knows Nick personally will tell you a few other things. He doesn’t look like your image of a hot-shot brand man or a coloured gemstone guy for that matter. More like a navy seal. A really nice one. He likes a laugh, and he possesses a legendary unflappability. One of the very few people you will meet who would betray no panic upon being informed that his pants were on fire. He’d just make a note of it.
Helen Molesworth - Head of Business Development
Helen specialised in ancient gems as part of her degree at Oxford, and gained her FGA with Distinction. In her 10 years as a jewellery specialist for Sotheby’s and Christie’s in London and Geneva, she researched and valued important gems and collections, including the private jewellery of HRH the Princess Margaret. A Professeur D’Histoire du Bijoux in Geneva, she joined Gübelin as Managing Director to create a coloured gemstone Academy, writing the courses and taking them from Switzerland to Hong Kong and China. Helen is a Fellow of the Gemmological Associations of Great Britain and Hong Kong, a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries in London and created the texts for the Gübelin Gem Portraits. Based in Geneva, she is co-author of The Complete Content Cameos.
Mark Taylor - Chief Experience Officer
FOUNDER – With a 20-year creative background in digital innovation, Mark’s focus is on the convergence of communications, information and entertainment. As a Founder and Chief Creative Officer at Arcade, Mark helped innovate the agency’s collaborative model to help grow some of the world’s biggest brands, from Unilever’s highest profile launches in North America and Japan to one of the most extensive branded music events in the world for Heineken, the world’s first Android concept store for Google and one of Apple’s most successful retail days in its history. Formerly a Fabrica Grant Holder and member of Ogilvy’s Digital Innovation Lab, Mark has worked in Africa, Europe and Asia. Most recently he was based in Beijing and Shanghai, helping to lead Nestle’s digital transformation in China.
Our Ambassador Network
The management is supported by a global ambassador network of distinguished industry figures. These include:
- Elke Berr, Geneva, Switzerland. Elke is a leading gemstone dealer and jewellery designer based in Geneva. She studied gemmology in Idar Oberstein, Germany’s gemstone cradle, and began her career in the gemstones buying department of Chopard in Geneva before founding her own company Berr & Partners. Elke closely tracks the magnificent jewellery market, often taking part in the leading auctions held in Geneva.
- Edward Boehm, Chattanooga, USA. Edward is a coloured stone dealer and consultant. He began his gemmological studies in Switzerland where he spent the summers of his youth under the tutelage of his grandfather and namesake, Edward J. Gübelin, piquing his curiosity in crystals and gems. Upon graduating in Geology from UNC, Chapel Hill, he went on to obtain his Graduate Gemologist diploma from the GIA in 1988. His company, RareSource, specializes in high end and collectable gemstones. Edward was a museum consultant to GIA from 1999-2009 and has helped build several important private gem and mineral collections.
- Evan Caplan, Los Angeles, USA. Evan is widely considered to be one of the world’s finest and most knowledgeable coloured stone professionals. He was one of the first people to bring the paraiba tourmaline to America. He, along with several others, was responsible for the cutting and eventual sale of the world’s largest padparadscha sapphire. Evan is a leading authority on alexandrite. He is on the board of the American Gem Trade Association (AGTA) and the ICA.
- Guillermo Galvis, Bogota, Colombia. Guillermo is one of Colombia’s most respected gemstone dealers and specialises in extraordinary Colombian emeralds. As President of the Colombian Emerald Exporters’ Association, he is well-connected to the leading exporters and mining groups and has established relationships with dealers and collectors around the world.
- Jean Jureidini, Beirut, Lebanon. Jean, who comes from a well-known family of jewellers, is a GIA-Graduate Gemologist and is one of the Middle East’s best-known gemstone dealers with a long-established clientele in the region. He also specialises in manufacturing custom-made jewellery.
- Miriam Mimo Kamau, Nairobi, Kenya. Kenyan dealer and miner Miriam Mimo Kamau, Gembridge’s industry ambassador in Africa, rose from an economically disadvantaged background in rural Kenya to become founder and director of gemstone supplier Mimo Gem Traders. After graduating from high school in 1994, Miriam’s father died, forcing her into work to help her mother raise her siblings. She became passionate about gemstones when a U.S. gem dealer hired her as a receptionist in Nairobi. Fascinated by the trade, Miriam’s employer increasingly involved her in the business and she obtained gemmology certificates from Kenya and South Africa in diamond and coloured gemstone identification, including processing from rough to cut polished minerals, cutting, sorting and marketing. Miriam is one of the few female dealers and miners in the male-dominated Kenyan, indeed African, gemstone trade.
- Prashant Kothari, Jaipur, India. Prashant, who is the fourth generation in his family’s business, is CEO at KGK Gems in Jaipur and is one of India’s leading gemstone dealers and manufacturers. He has been a major contributor to the growth of the business over the past 18 years. He manages the gemstone business from sourcing and manufacturing to export.
- Duncan McLauchlan, London, UK. After spending a decade mining for opal in Lightning Ridge, Australia, Duncan returned to the UK in 1995, where he founded his company, McLauchlan Gems, which specialises in sourcing coloured gemstones and diamonds from around the world. Duncan is European Director and Treasurer of the International Colored Gemstone Association (ICA).
- Joe Menzie, New York, USA. Joe is a GIA-trained gemmologist and one of New York’s leading gemstone dealers with a network of high-end clients and collectors around the world. He was a longstanding member of the Board of the ICA and has been an advisor to the World Bank.
- Jean-Claude Michelou, Bangkok, Thailand. Jean-Claude has been active in gemstone trading, mining, cutting and export since 1977. After 36 years spent in Colombia, he is now based in Thailand and is a sourcing strategist for rough coloured gemstones from different origins. He has been a longstanding member of the Board of the ICA and was Editor-in-Chief of InColor magazine which he founded in 2004. He is the founder of Imperial Colors Ltd and has been a consultant for the World Bank and USAID, and an advisor to United Nations agencies, government authorities, miners and regulatory trade institutions.
- Armil Sammoon, Colombo, Sri Lanka. Armil is a fifth-generation gem merchant. His experience as a board member of the National Gem and Jewellery Authority, Sri Lanka Gem and Jewellery Association, Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Sri Lanka and FACETS has allowed him to project Sri Lanka as a key source for gemstones with sustainable production. He is the first Sri Lankan to be invited to attend Harvard University for their GIA Global Leadership programme. Armil is Chairman of the Sapphire Capital Group and founding Alumni President for the GIA Chapter in Sri Lanka, as well as Sri Lanka’s Ambassador to the ICA.
- Chen Shen, Shanghai, China. Chen Shen, Gembridge’s industry ambassador in China, is a gemstone dealer and a specialist in Colombian emeralds. He founded Skywalk Global, a wholesale gemstone business specializing in Colombian emeralds, and went on to establish jewellery retailer Rico Gems in Shanghai in 2012. One of his contributions to the industry was to raise the profile of pink sapphires in the Chinese jewellery TV shopping market.Chen is an authority on emeralds and has often travelled to Colombia. He co-authored with Ronald Ringsrud “Emeralds: A Passionate Guide,” the first gemstone book about emeralds’ history published in China.
- Manuela Soares, Minas Gerais, Brazil. Manuela is a leading dealer and authority on Brazilian gemstones. She is co-owner of ArtOuro & Gemas, which supplies mainly tourmalines, aquamarines, paraiba and rubellites. She is the second generation of a family of gem dealers and is a board member of the Brazilian association of gem dealers (Sindijoias – Ajomig).
Top dealer and Gembridge Ambassador Manuela Soares says the pandemic will accelerate digitised trade in Brazilian coloured gemstones. View Article
Rise of digital trading will encourage collectors to offer gemstone treasure in new platform, says Gembridge Ambassador Jean Jureidini. View Article