We provide full-service mining, drilling, maintenance and geochemical analysis solutions to customers within the minerals industry, focussing on the African markets.
Our services extend across the mining cycle, from initial exploration drilling to load and haul, providing our customers with a fully integrated mining services solution.
Our reputation is built on an unwavering commitment to safety, delivering professional mining solutions and working closely with our customers to deliver operational efficiencies.
Capital Drilling provides drilling solutions for projects across the mining cycle from exploration to production.
Our clients include Tier 1 mining operations and exploration companies based across Africa and in selected international markets. Our company has a long history of operating in Africa, commencing exploration drilling in Tanzania in 2005. It has since expanded its offer to include a full suite of drilling services, while establishing operations across the continent and beyond. Our drilling services include blast hole, dewatering, grade control, reverse circulation (RC), air core, diamond core and underground drilling. Read more on our Exploration or Mining drilling services.
Capital Mining provides complete Load and Haul services for clients from development to fully operational mine sites, delivering an efficient mining service that optimizes pit to mill productivity.
Our rapidly expanding fleet of new, modern mining equipment includes bulldozers, excavators and dump trucks. Our operators are highly trained to ensure a safe and efficient service – minimising hang and queue times and truck respotting while optimising equipment capacities. Read More
MSALABS are a global provider of geochemical laboratory services for the exploration and mining industries.
Our analytical services are suitable from greenfields exploration through to production and include sample preparation, a complete range of analytical techniques and construction and management of on-site laboratories at mine sites. Read More
Mine Site Maintenance (MSM) provide a broad range of maintenance services across Africa, ensuring high asset availability and reliability to give you confidence your project won’t be impacted by unplanned downtime.
We work with a range of high quality component partners and our competent, qualified and highly experienced technicians deliver a professional, quality service. Our range of services includes hydraulic services, general maintenance and fabrication services, specialist mining supplies, asset rentals and asset and component rebuilds. Read More
Well Force International provides our customers within the global mineral exploration market with a complete rig site solution including equipment rental, on-site surveying and geophysical logging services, and HiTT, a unique software solution for borehole manageme
HiTT, a unique software solution displaying the trajectory of the drill hole towards its target was developed in-house by our Well Force team. Easy to use, it provides a highly visual 3D solution to realign the drill hole to its target. Our range of products and services includes rental, sales and training of core orientation tools, magnetic survey cameras and MEMS gyros, HS/HA north seeking gyro survey services, core orientation services, directional drilling equipment and management services, rig aligners and rig alignment services, 3D borehole management and directional drilling software solution and geophysical logging services. Read More
- Company History
- Capital commenced first drilling operation in Tanzania
- Expansion of operations to Egypt commencing a drilling contract at Sukari Gold Mine
- Commenced drilling operations in Zambia
- Cairo office opens to support Sukari operation
- Established administration and workshop facility in Johannesburg
- Commenced drilling operations in Democratic Republic of Congo and Pakistan
- Awarded first Grade Control contract – Geita Gold Mine
- Established Head Office in Singapore and Corporate Office in the Netherlands
- Commenced drilling operations in Armenia, Papua New Guinea and Serbia
- Commenced drilling operations in Eritrea, Hungary and Mozambique
- Awarded first Blast Hole contract – Sukari Gold Mine
- Commenced drilling operations in Chile and Mauritania
- Listed on the London Stock Exchange Main Market – June
- Commenced drilling operations in Ethiopia, Ghana and Solomon Islands
- Awarded first Underground drilling contract – Sukari Gold Mine
- Established warehouse and office facility in Malaysia
- Awarded five year comprehensive drilling contract – Geita Gold Mine
- Achieved safety milestone of 2,500 LTI Free days – Geita Gold Mine
- Five year production drilling contract renewed – Sukari Gold Mine
- Commenced drilling operations in Botswana and Peru
- Relocated Head Office to Mauritius
- Paid maiden dividend to shareholders
- Awarded five year contract extensions at Geita Gold Mine and Sukari Gold Mine
- Awarded four year production contract at North Mara Gold Mine
- Commenced drilling operations in Kenya and Mali
- Awarded first high altitude exploration drilling project – Chile
- Commenced underground drilling in Mali
- Gained additional Grade Control contract at Tasiast Gold Mine (Mauritania) in addition to existing exploration and delineation contracts
- Achievement of zero LTI’s
- Strategic expansion into West Africa establishing infrastructure in Bamako, Mali and Yamoussoukro, Côte d’Ivoire
- Awarded first new contract in Côte d’Ivoire with Sama Resources
- Awarded contract extensions with Syama Gold Mine (Mali), Sukari Gold Mine (Egypt) and Geita Gold Mine (Tanzania)
- Awarded first contract in Burkina Faso with Golden Rim Resources
- Awarded first contract in Saudi Arabia with Barrick
- Awarded first full service mining contract with Allied Gold Corp at its Bonikro Gold Mine, Cote d’Ivoire
- Awarded new long-term contracts with Barrick at the Bulyanhulu Gold Mine (Tanzania), Kinros at the Tasiast Gold Mine (Mauritania) and Firefinch at the Morila Gold Mine (Mali)
- Awarded contract extensions at Barrick’s North Mara Gold Mine (Tanzania), Hummingbird’s Yanfolila Gold Mine (Mali), Resolute’s Syama Gold Mine (Mali) and AngloGold Ashanti’s Geita Gold Mine (Tanzania)
- Awarded first major waste mining contract with Centamin at the Sukari Gold Mine (Egypt)
- Commenced first earth moving contract with Centamin at the Sukari Gold Mine (Egypt)
- Our Strengths
We are a leading exploration and mining services provider. Our strengths include:
- Capacity to offer a fully integrated solution from first stage exploration drilling to delivery of ore to the mill.
- Unrivalled commitment to safety demonstrated by our excellent safety record.
- Focus on the African markets leveraging geographic efficiencies and in-country knowledge and experience.
- Fleet capacity that enables flexibility to respond quickly to new opportunities and adapt to clients’ needs.
- Young fleet maintains consistently high reliability and availability and is achieved by extensive maintenance and rebuild program.
- Long-term relationships with some of the world’s largest mining companies reflects professional service delivery.
- Strategic Priorities
- AFRICAN FOCUSSED – Maintain our strong established presence in MENA, East and West Africa.
- QUALITY PROVIDERS – Deliver first world project execution standards in the emerging markets.
- INDUSTRY LEADING HSE – Deliver world class safety processes and procedures on every site.
- BEST IN CLASS ASSETS AND MAINTENANCE – Invest in Tier 1 on-site maintenance infrastructure and maintain industry leading equipment standards through maintenance and rebuild programs.
- SUPERIOR PORTFOLIO OF CONTRACTS – Build portfolio of blue chip and mid-tier mining companies with quality assets.
- ROBUST BALANCE SHEET – Create strong cash generation and maintain a conservative approach to gearing
- INCREASE SERVICE OFFERING – Expand range of complimentary ancillary services.
Reference: Annual Report FY21 – LINK
Integral to our values is understanding our client’s business’ and delivering solutions tailored to their needs. By focusing on excellence in execution and thorough communication and reporting processes, we have enjoyed long term relationships with some of the world’s largest mining companies. Our current and previous client base includes Major, Mid-tier and Junior companies.
- Investment Proposition
- STABLE, PREDICTABLE REVENUE – Established portfolio of long-term contracts across ten operating mine sites
- FULL SERVICE PROVIDER – Diversity of services across the mining cycle and shift towards becoming a full service provider increases recurring revenue.
- HIGH GROWTH REGION – Multiple mine-site based contracts with Tier 1 clients combined with focus on highgrowth African market.
- EXECUTION EXCELLENCE – Excellent project execution, high quality and expanding fleet, and experienced management teams.
- HIGHLY SUPPORTIVE MACRO – Strong gold and metals prices, resurgent capital raisings and elevated operating margins across the commodities sector, strong lead indicators for increased activity levels for our company
- ROBUST PIPELINE – Substantial increase in tendering pipeline activity across all business units.
- STRONG BALANCE SHEET – Robust balance sheet enables shareholder returns through accretive growth initiatives, investments and dividend payments.
Reference: Annual Report FY21 – LINK
Board of Directors
JAMIE BOYTON - Chairman
Jamie Boyton is Chairman of the Company and was appointed as a Director in January 2009. He is responsible for overseeing the Company’s strategic and business development, which includes advising on capital markets requirements and growth opportunities. He was previously an Executive Director and the Head of Asian Equity Syndication and Corporate Broking of Macquarie Securities Limited in Hong Kong. Jamie has a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance) degree from the University of Western Australia.
BRIAN RUDD - Executive Director
Brian Rudd is a founder of the Company and an Executive Director, with a focus on business development and client relations. He was appointed as a Director in May 2005. As a founder of the Company, Brian has been instrumental in the successful establishment and development of the Company since 2005. Brian has over 35 years of experience in the mining industry in both Australia and Africa. Before establishing the Company, Brian held various senior positions for private and listed drilling companies in Australia and Africa. Brian is a Non-executive Director of Hardy Metals and an adviser to Minexia.
DAVID ABERY - Senior Independent Non-Executive Director
David Abery is the Senior Independent Non-Executive Director, being appointed in January 2018. David joined the Company in October 2017 when he was appointed as an Independent Non-Executive Director and as Chairman of the Audit Committee. David has over 15 years’ experience as a Finance Director of London quoted companies, and over 20 years’ experience in senior finance and general management roles. He has extensive experience of financial, commercial and strategic matters in African and UK corporate environments at both board and operational level, as well as experience of corporate governance, regulatory and investor relations best practice. David has a BA (Hons) in Finance and Accountancy and is a Chartered Accountant (ICAEW).
MICHAEL RAWLINSON - Independent Non-Executive Director
Michael Rawlinson is a Non-Executive Director and was appointed in August 2018. He is a former investment banker with over 26 years of experience focused on the mining and metals sector. He was previously Global Co-Head of Mining and Metals at Barclays investment bank having joined from the boutique investment bank, Liberum Capital – a business he helped found in 2007. He has experience as both a corporate financier and research analyst covering the mining sector and has extensive capital markets experience having worked on IPOs and follow-on offerings for a number of companies. He is also Senior Independent Non-Executive Director at Hochschild Mining PLC, Chairman of Adriatic Metals PLC and is a Non-Executive Director of AfriTin Mining Limited.
ALEXANDER DAVIDSON - Independent Non-Executive Director
Alex Davidson is an Independent Non-Executive Director and was appointed in May 2010. He has over 40 years’ experience in designing, implementing and managing gold and base metal exploration and acquisition programmes throughout the world. Alex was Barrick Gold Corporation’s Executive Vice President, Exploration and Corporate Development with responsibility for its international exploration programmes and Barrick’s corporate development activities. Alex is a director of a number of London and Toronto listed companies, including Yamana Gold and Americas Gold & Silver. He has a B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Economic Geology from McGill University.
CATHERINE (CASSIE) BOGGS - Independent Non-Executive Director
Catherine (Cassie) Boggs is an Independent Non-Executive Director and was appointed in September 2021. She has over 35 years’ experience in General Counsel and senior leadership roles for companies in the mining sector. Previously, she spent eight years with renown global mining investment firm, Resource Capital Funds, in the role of Partner, Vice President and General Counsel. Cassie also held the role of Senior Vice President, Corporate Development for Barrick Gold Corporation. During this time, she served as General Counsel to their LSE-listed subsidiary, African Barrick Gold and as Regional President of their African Business Unit. She was also an International Partner for global law firm Baker McKenzie, also holding the role of the Head of Global Mining Group with the company. Cassie is also an Independent Director for Hecla Mining Company.