Amazon Natural Spring Waters
Amazon Natural Spring Waters (ANSW) was established to market and distribute pure spring water from an exclusive source near Curitiba, Brazil. The quality of the water is described as “excellent” and “similar to Evian” by Professor Richard G. Taylor of University College London, a leading world expert on water quality, and can be classified as spring water in all major markets. The water resource comes from a pristine karst aquifer and can provide a near-perpetual supply of superior water at a volume that would make ANSW a major sustainable brand in the USA market and beyond. ANSW has a 0% export duty.
The ANSW business model is designed to achieve success as a premium brand in the United Kingdom and UAE, and potentially in the other leading premium bottled water markets of USA, France, Germany, Mexico and Brazil.
ANSW perceives a significant opportunity to enter the industry using a powerful marketing campaign related to water purity, consumer engagement with preservation of the Amazon Rainforest, lessened environmental impact through use of fully recyclable bottles and a commitment to adopt biodegradable packaging when technology and regulatory compliance has been established.
- Core Beliefs
- Citizenship – We trust in people. By providing the public with the means to save the Amazon and benefit the environment, ANSW will unleash their potential and bring about a symbiosis between a private company and the public good.
- Environment – We co-exist with animal and plant species. We cannot survive without a healthy world organism. The environment is our future and we must take steps now to protect it.
- Legacy – ANSW is committed to creating a legacy built upon partnership with the consumer, governments, and foundations. Our legacy will be the Amazon and a successful model demonstrating how creativity and ethical stewardship can result in transformation.
- The Global Bottled Water Industry
AN ECO FRIENDLY OPPORTUNITY
The water beverage industry is highly concentrated among several large firms, none of which offers a distinctive eco-friendly brand, product and packaging similar to that of ANSW. In the USA, climate change and recent high-profile droughts such as those in California have heightened consumer concern regarding access to pure and plentiful fresh water.
As noted above, the US is the largest bottled water market, $28.7 billion in size and when grouped with other ASW target markets including the UK, France, and Germany, the overall target market increases to $47.9 billion in revenue.
ANSW will evaluate over time the opportunity to enter the Brazilian market, which is projected to surpass $10 billion in revenue by 2021 and currently has an annual sales volume of 10.8 billion litres. MORE
- The Spring
The property consists of 3.04 hectares of land owned by ANSW, with two established wells each capable of producing 26,400 liters per hour, or 220 million liters per year. The property has an additional natural well which, subject to further flow-testing, is likely to produce similar output. ASW has rights to an additional 49 hectares of land from which it can engage in extraction of spring water, with these rights granted by the Federal Government of Brazil. Subject to meeting flow-test parameters, ANSW is entitled to sink an unlimited number of additional wells on these properties, with each well capable of producing 220 million liters of water per year. MORE
- Bottled Water Facts
- Global consumption of bottled water in 2017 was 249 billion liters – 7 % higher than 2016
- $60 Billion generated globally with industry growing approx. 5.5%+ annually Brazil and China markets demonstrating double digit growth rates
- The largest percentage increases in consumption of mineral water between 2016 and 2017 occurred in China, Thailand and Indonesia, with 24.6, 14.0 and 11.5 %, respectively seen as a healthier option free of chemicals and other man made additives
- 60 – 70% of rural populations in developing countries still without access to safe and convenient sources of water
- Bottled water has become a lifestyle choice in the Western World, completely integrated with our daily lives
- In many developing countries, it’s not possible to drink water from the tap. In South America, the only availability of reliably clean drinking water is from bottled sources.
- Business Model
The ANSW business model is designed to achieve success as a premium brand in the United Kingdom and UAE, and potentially in the other leading premium bottled water markets of USA, France, Germany, Mexico and Brazil. The business model’s primary features are:
- Water Quality: ANSW is a genuine spring water that has been independently tested for purity and mineral content. Subject to compliance with local regulatory requirements, it may also be marketed as mineral water given its favourable content of calcium, magnesium, and other minerals.
- Abundance of Water Resources: The water resource accessible in the karst aquifer is protected and plentiful. Previous appraisals of the ANSW resource have indicated a near perpetual supply as long as periods are allowed for natural resupply of the aquifer. Brazil has some of the strictest environmental regulations in the world and it is unlikely any future economic development would be allowed in a manner that would jeopardize this pristine water resource.
- Environmental Sustainability: ANSW packaging will be 100% fully recycled plastic, made from rPET derived from previously used material that is then collected and recycled, cleaned and transformed into raw material to make new bottles.
- First Mover: ANSW will be the major bottled water exporter from Brazil. Brazil has a generally positive image throughout the Americas, and for the US in particular, where it is associated with nature, health, beauty, and a romantic spirit.
- Leadership Team: The leadership team at ANSW includes executives who have been overseeing the project for almost 20 years. They have combined skills in new ventures, government relations, law, finance and management that add value to the ANSW opportunity.
- Technology Platform: ANSW will offer a technology platform including a website and mobile app that will be highly engaging for consumers, allowing them to directly see their impact on conservation of the Amazon Rainforest.
- Charitable Giving: ANSW will develop an altruistic, socially conscious image through its efforts to conserve the Amazon Rainforest.
- Marketing Opportunity
Through an exciting blend of superior product, world class distribution networks and a strong appeal to global socio-environmental trends, ANSW is poised to take advantage of a significant opportunity within one of the world’s largest growth markets.
Global access to high quality sources of mineral water are dwindling. The market is mature, 46% of market share is controlled by the top 5 companies. Their need for growth is driving them to seek new markets, realise greater product differentiation whilst market forces continue to drive down margins.
ASW has secured exclusive access to one of the worlds last untapped resources of natural mineral water. By aligning it’s message with the consumers conscience and using the latest in direct marketing and social media channels to communicate it, the business will build market share from the ground up.
The use of the latest in plastic recycling and bio-degradable technology within their supply chain and strategically advantageous geographic position uniquely positions them to further consolidate their position as a market disruptor and advocate for those consumers with great taste, a social conscience and a desire to preserve the Amazon Rainforest. MORE
- Corporate Structure
Brazil – Amazon Spring Waters SA will take advantage of this official licensed approval, by building a hi-tech, low cost, automated water bottling facility capable of producing millions of liters of water per day. The land is home to 3 wells each capable of producing 26,400 liters of water per hour. These wells can in principle be pumped for 23 hours every day in perpetuity, generating hundred millions of high quality Mineral Spring Water a year for the prosperity of generations to come.
United Kingdom – Previous raise on NRPM (NR Private Market platform) at £1.25 during Q3 2022 for Amazon Spring Waters Limited. Subsequently, per the Share Purchase Agreement, there was a share exchange at a rate of 12.5 new shares for the NewCo, Amazon Natural Spring Waters Ltd.
Amazon Natural Spring Waters Ltd, a UK registered company, holds 99.5% of the shares in Amazon Spring Waters Recursos Minerais SA (Brazil). Investors are invited to purchase shares in Amazon Natural Spring Waters Ltd (UK) that are currently held by Amazon Spring Waters New Zealand Ltd.
Marcelo Antonio Aguilar - Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
Marcelo Antonio Aguilar is an experienced executive and entrepreneur. Over the past decade, Mr Aguilar served as Chief Operating Officer of the Brazilian distance learning university UniFAEL, an organisation in which he was also a minor shareholder. During his tenure at UniFAEL, Mr Aguilar oversaw rapid and continued expansion, leading the university to grow from 9,000 to 85,000 students and overseeing an increase of revenue from BRL 30m in 2014 to 350m in 2021.
Michael Ronald Baines - Director
Mr Baines is a qualified accountant who has over twenty years’ experience in accounting, management and strategy. He currently heads Morgan Keen, a firm he founded in 1999. Mr Baines advises a number of business clients around the world on company tax issues, fundraising, operational financial management, asset transfer, and Human Resources management.
Lawrence Phillips - Founder
Mr. Phillips is the visionary and primary driver behind ASW. He is a United Kingdom based businessman with a wide range of skills including corporate law, initial public offerings, capital raises, corporate restructuring, and enterprise management. He has spent a large portion of his career in Brazil, and is ASW’s hands on expert in property development and project management. In addition to his oversight of ASW, he is an advisor with several high profile companies in the area of research and development.
Dr Clara Leung - Director & Head of Marketing
Dr. Leung joined the Amazon Spring Waters team in 2020, and is primary focused on identifying market investment opportunities and tailoring strategic solutions for high net worth investors and institutions. She brings a creative and technical edge to achieving practical solutions to objectives. Dr. Leung possesses experience overlooking business operations in the East and Southeast Asian markets. Her wide-ranging competencies in diversified professional engagements, including but not limited to investment in IT projects and apps in Asian markets, branding and revamping corporate images, management of charitable organization focused on assisting the delivery of creative solutions for renewable energy sources and technology in sustainable resources.
Adrian John Christofides - Director & Head of Corporate Finace
Adrian Christofides started his career at HSBC Private Bank in London in 2007 in the Wealth Management Investment Group. Mr Christofides focused primarily on portfolio management for ultra high net worth clients in HSBC’s Offshore Team. Mr Christofides then joined Goldman Sachs’ Investment Management Division covering key private clients in Europe. In 2013, Adrian was appointed Director of Falcon Private Wealth Ltd an asset manager owned by a leading Middle Eastern Sovereign Fund covering family offices and institutional clients in the EMEA regions.
Arun Photay - Director & Chief Financial Officer
Mr Photay’s experience encompasses a broad gamut ranging from financial services to domestic politics, the United Kingdom’s Civil Service and international non-governmental organisations. He has technical training and skills relating to credit risk management and financial risk, commercial underwriting and consulting, as well as a number of years spent in business relationship management and client-facing roles in the financial sector.
Faisal Mohammed Al Alshiekh - Director
Mr Al Alsheikh is a Saudi national who started his career as a Royal Saudi Air Force pilot. After retiring in the 1990s, he moved into the commercial real estate and hotel development sectors in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Mr Al Alsheikh has previously advised a select group of domestic Saudi family-owned trading businesses that are mineral water suppliers of global multinational corporates. He is also a Founder and Chairman of a Swiss Investment Management firm with various diversified investment holdings in the real estate, consumer and the leisure sectors.
Tejinder Mahil - Legal Counsel
Mr Mahil has over twenty-five years’ experience as a lawyer practising in both London and Hong Kong. He is dual qualified, licensed to practice as a solicitor in both jurisdictions. Mr Mahil has counselled vendors and purchasers, investors and investees, lenders and borrowers, and owners, sponsors and developers in numerous domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and private equity investments, international joint ventures and partnerships, hospitality and gaming developments, and international infrastructure projects and financings across Asia, the EMEA region and North America.